Saturday, July 23, 2005

Deal on Dell 2005FPW

Dell 2005FPW
So I saw this deal on a Dell 20" widescreen LCD at this site. I've been looking at this deal for a while now and at $389 w/free shipping, I couldn't refuse. This deal comes up on and off and everytime it comes up, it seems like the price keeps decreasing. So I thought it was an awesome deal and decided to order one. The site lists the display for $389 free shipping but I live in NY, so I had to pay tax.

If you compare this with an Apple Cinema Display 20" display (link w/specs), they both use the LG.Phillips panel. There are only a few LCDs with widescreen format, so both the Dell and the Apple displays have the same panel inside. Anandtech has a good article comparing the two displays. I ended going with the Dell because of the price. If I can afford it, I would go with the Apple Cinema Displays because they look so much nicer.

Now I'm just excited 'til it arrives and can't wait. It might've expired but you can check out the direct dell homepage if you want @ dell's site. Or you can search on ebay for a better, similar deal.

Specs for the Dell 2005FPW:
Viewable Size: 20.1"
Display Type: Flat Panel Display / Active Matrix TFT - Desktop
Features: Automatic Setup Adjustment, Kensington Lock Slot, 100 mm VESA Mounting, Height Adjustable Stand Included
Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight: 18.6" x 9" x 15.3" to 22.4" / 17.64 lbs
Image Aspect Ratio: 16:10
Image Contrast Ratio: 600:1
Max Resolution: 1680x1050 Pixels
Max Sync Rate (V x H): 75 Hz x 83 kHz
Port(s) Total ( Free ) / Connector Type: VGA / DVI-D / S-video / Composite / 4 x USB 2.0
Supported features: PIP (Picture in Picture) and PBP (Picture By Picture)
Response Time: 12ms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home