Saturday, June 11, 2005

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

So, I finally went to the theatre and saw Star Wars III. I've been wanting to watch it for a long time. Before I saw the movie, I've been hearing about how this one was dark. And that this was the first PG-13 Star Wars.

After finishing the movie, I agree. It was about Anakin Skywalker turning to the dark side and transforming to Darth Vader. Man, was Anakin Skywalker enthusiastic with his lines or what? He always spoke in the same tone.

I was thrilled and glad to see Yoda getting a lot of screen time. He is one of the coolest characters in the movie. I always loved how he is the wise one, had answers to everything, and the strongest Jedi in my point of view. He sure is old, but man can he fight. The part where General Grievous battles with Obi-Wan Kenobi and pulls out four lightsavers was really cool. During the war, I was very disappointed how even the strong Jedis were killed so easily. Also upset to see Mace Windu, a senior member of the Jedi High Council get killed unfairly. That would've been some duel between Mace Windu and Anakin. When I heard Yoda, mention "returned from the netherworld of The Force to train me and promises that Obi-Wan can learn to commune with him, too", I was very surprised and pleased to hear about Qui-Gon Jinn. He, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi, is a very well respected character and is one of my favorite character/actor as well.

Overall, I very much enjoyed the final(?) installment of star wars. Although I thought the movie was one of the best out of the series, I felt something was missing. As to what it was missing I can't say. Anyway, I am a huge star wars fan, and loved the series, this third installment was a good two hours and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home